Thursday, April 16, 2009

Back to My Roots

by Marisa Leibmann, Designer

On April 2nd I had the unique opportunity to return to my alma mater, J.P. Taravella High School- right here in Coral Springs- to speak to Miss Donna Haynes’ 2nd period Interior Design Class.

Electives in Interior Design were nonexistent when I was in high school (let’s say, a few years back). In fact, I wasn’t even aware that Interior Design was a profession until I got to college! So it is has become a passion of mine to enlighten students about the career that I enjoy so much and that has brought me such satisfaction (See "The Kids of Summer", "Education Motivation" , and "Juror Duty").

I was able to deepen the students understanding of the profession by sharing some of my “real world” experiences with them. The student’s many insightful questions were proof of their interest in my presentation and made it a most rewarding experience. Moreover, it was reassuring to learn that a few of the seniors have already enrolled at universities in South Florida in order to attend their Interior Design programs.



(Designer Marisa Leibmann and Teacher Miss Donna Haynes)

A special thanks to Susan Connor and the rest of the P&H Interiors staff who have been so supportive in my continual efforts to expose the next generation to all the amazing work that we do. It is wonderful to work at a firm that is so committed to enriching the profession and community we are so lucky to be a part of!

No comments: